View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
Could other children get sick from being near the child?

So we are supposed to take in sick kids and let all the others get sick too.

I disagree with this article. the only way to stop the spread of illness is to keep sick kids home.

what was not covered by this doctor that most of these parents are getting sent to see the doctor because the child is having the runs for 3-4 days at a time.

I don't require parents to go to the doctor unless they have been sick for more than 7 days and the illness is not improving.

It is 100% up to the parents if they want to take their child to the doctors, but if they do, yes I will want to see a note of diagnosis. In my eye, if you felt that your chlid was so ill they needed to see the doctor, then I need to see a note.

No one is ever happy, they say we are too strict and if we were not then we would be getting slammed for allowing it................
THIS (the bolded part) could be solved immediately if the parent simply took the time and allowed the child to get good rest and good food at the very beginning of the illness so that the illness isn't allowed to grow and get so bad that the daycare provider ends up "forcing" the parent to go to the Dr.

The Dr visit wouldn't have been necessary if the parent had been proactive in the first place at the first inkling of illness.