View Single Post
midaycare 06:22 AM 12-27-2016
I envy those of you who can take school agers. Our schools have before and after care, and it is reasonably priced and well run, so no one needs it here. If you can take before and after school aged kids OP, I would look into that.

Some of my logic may seem backward, but it works out financially to my benefit:

1) I do not transport. This saves me needing a bigger vehicle, car seats, etc.

2) I buy a curriculum. It does cost about $130 a month for 9 kids, but all craft materials are included, I get manipulatives, nice posters, many things I can reuse. In September's box I get a calendar set to use for the year. I never have to run to the store to buy craft supplies, and find I save money in this department. I've been doing curriculum for about 3 years, and have so many extra materials now I don't know what to do with it all! But I save everything. Some people are excellent shoppers and could find everything for less, but the quality of the other stuff you get is great.

3) By using a curriculum I get a higher quality dcf.

4) I shop at Aldi's. No excuses. We have 4 grocery stores around us, and here are the prices if I buy the same things for a week of groceries at each place (a week of groceries is for 3 people all food, and 6 daycare kids for breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks for 5 days, and all paper products and cleaning supplies).
D&W: $400
Meijer: $325
Walmart: $200- $225
Aldi: $130