View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:03 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I think you've hit upon the solution to the OP's dilemma. Since she is so worried about this issue, and does not wish to hire a nanny to quell her fears, she should offer to pay for the drug testing program at the daycare center of her choosing.

Think of it - she could be a hero among her peers. Other parents would soon say, "Look, Yvonne has put her money where her mouth is. Maybe we should all be paying for the random drug testing of our providers, too." Next thing you know, parents everywhere would be offering to pay for the testing too.

A side benefit, of course, would be that this would scare any prospective drug users from seeking employment in child care because, as we all know, these tests cannot be manipulated in any way.

It's genius, really. What about it OP, ready to put your money where your mouth is?
Of course this goes both ways......If Yvonne wants to pay for and request drug testing on her child's caregivers then she better be fully prepared to do the same. If I worked in the center she brings her child to, I would fork over the cash to have her submit to random testing too since I don't trust a parent who doesn't trust me.

The parents in my care and I have built a trusting, respectful and caring relationship with each other. We don't ask each other to pee in a cup.

But if they ever did ask me....you can bet your bottom dollar I am going to follow the Golden Rule and hand them a 5 oz. plastic Dixie cup!