View Single Post
godiva83 06:09 AM 09-06-2011
I have worked at several large daycare centers as an ECE teacher and later supervisor, I have recently transitioned into opening my HDC, and let me tell you there are regulations that must be met in Ontario regarding sanitizing- and all I have worked with did a thorough job of disinfecting all toys and supplies.
In an infant room sanitizing is to be done daily
Toddler everyother day and mouthed toys daily, diaper area after and BEFORE each use, tables after and before each use, preschool weekly there washroom after each group use tables after and before use, kinder bi-weekly and monthly
You can very easily tell if a daycare keeps up on sanitizing and if the licensing didn't think they were up to par they may not score well or their license may not be renewed. As for naps it is different for each age group, yes each child is asked to 'rest' not meaning sleep on their cots for a certain amount of time, and quiet activities are set up for those early risers. Of course, this nap time is beneficial for all, teachers and kids included. It is a time to regroup, complete daily reports, disinfect, prepare snack, and afternoon activities, while the children are resting supervision is easiest and it allows the teacher to complete needed tasks while keeping all children safe, it also allows ratios to be down and teachers get their well deserved lunch breaks