View Single Post
JenNJ 02:03 PM 09-15-2011
I clean when my daycare children nap. I do daycare related laundry, clean toys and fixtures, work on lesson plans, and restock supplies. I even shop online for daycare supplies and visit here. I don't use nap as a long break (other than a quick lunch and bathroom break) because after I close, I want to be done working for the day IN THE HOUSE.

I have 3 hours a week of errands related to daycare outside daycare hours per week, plus I work for two hours before my first child gets here each morning. I do 12 hours a day inside the house, so yes, I clean at naptime.

But I am fortunate to be able to be picky in which children/parents I choose. I choose parents who agree that a safe environment is a clean one and appreciate the efforts I go to to keep a clean space for the kids. I also only care for kids who nap. I don't do school aged kids, children who can't/don't nap, or whose parents choose for them not to nap. It simply doesn't fit my program and if it isn't a right fit, no one will be happy with that arrangement for long.