View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:07 AM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
I think it depends on where you live and the class of families in your area.
This is a good point, in my city houses in the bad side of town (near the projects and housing authority) houses are in the mid $200,000's. Where I live they are going for the mid to high $400,000's.

I do however accept subsidized childcare. It's hard for parents around here to live off of their pay (alot of people are in their 20's and single parent's like myself). The great thing about subsidized childcare is that they always pay. If clients are on subsidy and they are terminated I get a letter stating when and as of that day I make sure not to acccept a child unless they pay for the next week up front (I always expect payment in advance of care so that I don't worry about non-payers) except if they are on subsidy.

The thing is that I'm new at home-daycare (2 years) and I have the same clients now that I did when I first started. I have good clients that love my daycare and I don't think they are leaving. #1 is family from my daughter's side and her two boys, #2 is an ex-coworker that I worked with for three years and her daughter and #3 is a friend and her daughter which I've known since high-school. That's four slots plus mine which leaves only one open which I've intentionally leaving open for when myself and my fiancee have our own. I don't think that any of my parent's are going anywhere anytime soon so that would mean I'd have to wait a few years to raise rates