View Single Post
Crystal 08:19 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
Why do some people always have to bring up "EDUCATION". Experience TRUMPS education everyday/everytime. Really, what is more important, a piece of paper or years of experience on the job.

Qualiticare....Just wondering.....how many children do you care for and how long have you been a provider.
I think they are both equally important. I wouldn't send my children to an elementary school or high school where the teachers do not have a degree, I see no difference with preschool.

I also think that, while experience is highly valuable, it does not necessarily equal quality.....I have met many providers with 20+ years of experience and many of them have the worst run, dirtiest and highest turnover rates of children of any programs I have ever visited....and I have visited many.

On the other hand, I have also met providers without a degree and lots of experience who run fabulous programs, and many with very little experience who start and run awesome programs.

I think it depends on the individual provider. And, I also think it depends on what the parent wants/expects in a program.