View Single Post
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:10 AM 05-19-2010
~ If I suspect the person picking up the child to be under the influence of a substance or otherwise unable to safely transport a child, I will attempt to find an alternate driver through your contact information or by calling someone for you. I cannot by LAW refuse to allow you to pick up your child, but should you or someone you appoint to transport your child choose to drive impaired, I will notify authorities and report the drivers name, and vehicle description. I know some of these rules seem a bit harsh, but remember everything n this document is here for a reason and its my love for the children and my promise to care for them to the best of my ability that makes me do things this way.

Originally Posted by Pammie:
...no not me.

One of my newer dc dads has been showing up at pick-up time, I've suspected after at least a few drinks on a few occasions...I've never said anything. But yesterday, my husband was home and working in the front yard and met this dad for the first time and they chatted a bit. After dad and dcb left, my husband comes in and asks me what I was thinking letting the boy leave with his dad in the condition that dad was in?! So it hasn't just been my imagination thinking dad hasn't been sober every day. BTW, my husband manages a restaurant/bar and can spot an un-sober person a mile away

But, according to a good friend of mine on the local police force, as well as my insurance rep that I called last nite, I can't legally NOT release the boy to his dad. The best they suggest is releasing the boy, and then calling the pd and reporting a drunk driver. So okay, legally, I can't stop a parent from driving their kids home from daycare when they're drunk...but morally?? My thought is to discuss the issue with dcmom...ideas...suggestions??

Does anyone have a clause in their contract about parents being sober when they pick-up their kids??

It kills me that after 23 years of doing daycare and thinking that I've seen everything, now I have to deal with this So sad.