Thread: How To Detach?
View Single Post
Ariana 07:00 AM 01-20-2017
Pestle I don't think I am attached to the child as much as to the outcome for that child if that makes sense. I had a chid in my care who had ASD but the mom was in denial. He was developmentally so behind and I desperately wanted her to take him for an evaluation. This went on for months until I finally decided to term. I just couldn't watch him suffering anymore. My current DCG needs to see an SLP but so far the parents are resisting. It just happens time and time again....another child I had to term turned out to be deaf and the parents were in deep denial about something being wrong. It just makes me angry for the kids. That is why I need to let go.

This isn't about caring too much for kids and not wanting them to go to kinder. To be honest I am quite detached in that way. It is the duty I feel to get kids the help they need when there are delays thats cause me so much stress. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one in their lives advocating for them and that feels like a lot of pressure.

I have made some changes and my daughter is heading off to preschool. I think that will help my stress and my ability to ignore the developmental delays more since I won't be relying on these kids to be my childs playmates.