View Single Post
karen 11:32 AM 04-13-2012
The situation.....
I have 6 kids here everyday. All boys
Consistent routine everyday same thing never changes!
The kids sleep in the same place everyday on the same cot/crib or pack n play with the same music. I even sit between my two hardest kids for an hour to get them to sleep. If they do fall asleep it's maybe 30 minutes if I am lucky.
4 kids are 2 and a half to 3. These guys sleep on cots in the gross motor everyday same spot,
1 kid is 14 months gets here at 7 he should be exhausted but nope I am lucky if he sleeps for an hour! This little guy sleeps in the crib in the baby room by himself with soft music on. The minute he wakes the scream fest is on!
Last kid 11 months again should be exhausted gets here at 7:30 everyday. He sleeps in pack and play in the gross motor room with the older kids. I have taken a huge lightweigt sheet and draped it over thress of the sides of the pack n play so he can't see anyone so no playing. He only sleeps an hour same thing he wakes up and scream and yells until nap time is officially over.
The babies do not get a morning nap.
I never get these kids up early just because they are awake.... they have to stay on cot/crib/pack n play until nap is over. Should be used to this.
As I type this 3 of my kids are up right now both babies and 1 three year old.
Take them outside on a regular basis.....They have plenty to do outside....bikes basketball digging running climbing the normal.
What gives? I would really like an hour to myself as I am sure most of you understand the importance of an hour of peace and quiet. LOL!
Any suggestions or tips would be so helpful I am willing to try anything at this point.
Thanks a whole bunch!