View Single Post
Meyou 09:50 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by KHiltz:
You're right, they *rarely* send notices. Because in my province, your child can not attend public school if they are not vaccinated. Oh, sure, that there are religious exemptions, but here it happens so rarely that a child would attend that isn't vaccinated due to religious exemption that the school would send out a notice. It's never come up. But I promise you, the school would do it.
Actually if you're in Nova Scotia like your location says you are completely wrong. There is no requirement for any vaccination to start school in NS. They recommend a full series but you do not need a medical, religious or any other type of exemption because there are no written rules. I have two children in the public school system in NS and neither are vaccinated. I just refused 13 shots or something like that for my 12 year old that were done in school. I simply had to decline on the permission form. When both of my children started school I wrote, "we do not vaccinate" in the section where you list your vaccinations.