Thread: Croup
View Single Post
Unregistered 03:44 PM 07-09-2013
I have a child who was diagnosed with croup today. Now, the family wants to bring their child back to care. In my contract it states that any child with a contagious illness has to bring a doc's note saying that they are no longer contagious and any sibling has to stay home to help stop the spread of a contagious illness. I told Mom this, now I have dad contacting me saying that she said I'm not open tomorrow and he wanted to check that. (they live together!) I'm not sure what to do. Do you allow a child that has croup come to care? I just told Dad that once the child has a doc note stating that the child is not contagious they can come back and yes I was open.

Now, I only have this 1 family and my own children. 3 weeks ago this same child had a high fever which broke out into a rash and was out for 2 days plus sent home that next Mon because of the rash that broke out and I had no idea what it was. Last week my own child had croup and was hospitalized. Then the sibling had a high fever for 2 days and didn't come at all last week and now the child is sick again and this time with croup. I don't want to lose this family but I don't want my own children sick again.

I'm not sure what to do.