Thread: Croup
View Single Post
Jewels 05:30 AM 07-10-2013
My own son used to get croup with every single cold, my pediatrician has always told me The "croup " itself is not contagious, its the virus that caused the croup which is contagious, and its just a cold, some kids bodies just turn it to croup, my son when he was 6 months old got a cold and then croup, and ever since he got it once, he got it every time, in my daycare with children here, no one else ever caught his croup, but they would all get a cold, I do have another boy now who gets croup, and as long as he is fever free, he can come, the cough sticks around for a while, I still worked the first year and a half my son was a baby and when he came down with croup once I kept him home for the 3 days he was pretty bad, but he was fever free, and the doc said he could resume daycare, but my provider said not until all symptoms were gone, I understand he still sounds bad, but he usually has the cough for 2 weeks, I could not take 2 weeks off of work, so that was his last day, it was mainly the last day because I felt she was grossed out by my son, and just didn't want him around her kids at all, since he was her only daycare child. But anywaybecause really its all its I treat croup just like I treat a cold, because really its all it is.