View Single Post
Unregistered 09:27 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Because a child takes a nap at daycare, has nothing to do with a child not going to sleep at night. It is nothing but a blame game by the parents. Be a parent, not their best buddy and parent your child. So many times over the years, I have been confronted with...Please don't let Susie sleep more than 45 min, she doesn't go to sleep at night. I do nothing different, Susie still sleeps 2 to 2.5 hours per day, BUT I tell parents she only slept 45 min and amazingly her sleep issues have subsided. No change in sleep at daycare and a little white lie to parent, works everytime. lol

And special requests to keep Susie up, when you are a one person team with 1 daycare space in your home, it is very hard to allow 1 child to stay up while the others sleep. It just doesn't work. 1 kid stays up then you have 2 wanting to stay up. Nope, not going to happen. Most home daycares are small group care. If you want special you need to hire a nanny for one on one care. A provider has to do what is best for her and her group, not 1 individual child.

I never understood why parents would put their kids to bed at 7:30/8, don't they want to spend time with their kids? My own kids never slept 12 hours at a time and they were in daycare for 8 years, went to bed at 9pm and up at 5:30, napped everyday till went to school. Sometimes parents need to step back and regroup and ask themselves if their request to their provider is doable in a group setting.
Really?? You sound like you have it all figured out and that you are able to judge as a result of your vast wisdom. It may come as a surprise to you, with such insight as you have, to find out that people are different. Dont you dare judge a parent, with your sanctimonious diatribe, who struggles to get their kid to sleep at night when they nap. I myself could not handle a nap after the age of 2 and still sleep at night. My first daughter stopped napping at 2 and a half and if she inadvertently dozed off in the car, we were lucky to get her to fall asleep before 11pm. Of course, according to your wisdom, that is a result of our poor parenting.

Grow up please and stop acting like you know it all. You dont seem to have the foggiest idea of the nuances involved here. Make your opinion but keep your judgments to yourself!