View Single Post
Unregistered 08:46 AM 02-17-2013
We bought a house two years ago and did not realize nor were we told that there was a daycare caddy corner behind our house. The houses are close together here, but noone else makes any noise but the daycare. I can see clearly into the back yard where they have very used play equipment and I can tell you that there is NEVER an adult in attendance unless they are coming out to tell the kids to come inside. The kids yell as loud as they want while outside and for many hours per day, I cannot go outside without earplugs to work or enjoy my back yard. I feel that this is an infringement on my right to peaceful enjoyment of my home but our city does not regulate this noise! The only time there isnt noise is when its too cold or rainy for the kids to go out. Thank God we live in Oregon the rainiest state in the Union or we would never get peace and quiet!!

I think that if people want to open a daycare they should consider their neighbors first of all and do everything they can, like plant tall arbors, build a sound wall or whatever they have to do to keep the noise at a minimum. Why not start with good relations? What would make a person want to hurt their neighbors in this way? A selfish person who thinks that they have the right to do anything they want on their property would be the answer to that.
I have a dog and if he barks outside for longer than 15 minutes I can be fined up to 640.00 by law in this city. What about children screaming at the tops of their lungs for over three hours per day? Noise is noise. Nip it!!