View Single Post
Starburst 04:06 PM 06-22-2013
Okay can someone please lock this already? It's a very old post (over three years old) that keeps getting brought up by unregistered people who have issues with their neighbors and take it out on other providers. Look, we are sorry that you are having issues with your neighbors but we are not your neighbors, talking to us won't resolve the problem- you need to address your issues with them. We understand your point of view but every provider (and neighbor in general) is different.

There is a lady on my street (who doesn't have a daycare, just 3 kids) but we always hear her screaming and cursing at her kids (they are all under 10) and they are always riding their bikes in our drive way and in the street blocking our driveway. 2 weeks ago her kids went to our front porch and tried to take a swing at a stray cat with a PVC pipe. I yelled at them to get off our property and said I would call the cops if I saw them try to hurt any more animals, and later that day when I went to get mail I heard the middle one (about 6 or 7) was calling me a "Fat @$$" and then hiding behind another neighbors car. She also swears at my roommates "Slow the *^#! down!" when they are driving down the street at a normal speed (we live at the end of a down slope cul-de-sac) because she is dumb enough to let her kids play in the middle of the street. Today two cars (friends of hers) parked in the middle of the street blocking our drive way when my uncle was trying to back out. She doesn't even own her house, but acts like she owns the neighborhood. In fact, right now I am in my room upstairs and I can hear her yelling from the street at her kids. The point is, its not just child care providers, there are all kinds of people who are disrespectful and rude to their neighbors. When I start my business I plan on having a clause where they must not disrupt my neighbors and have a lot of rules out of respect for my future neighbors (not planning on starting it at my current house with that banshee next door) because I would like the same respect but that doesn't mean that they will give back the same respect and they may still find something to complain about that may or may not relate to my business.

But seriously there should be a limit when certain threads with certain situations that need immediate answers (not including polls or random fun question threads that don't require fast responses) are more than 1 or 2 years old on the public forum they get locked, you can still see them for information purposes but not allowed for people to post and bring up a very old thread that is resolved.