View Single Post
originalkat 04:02 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by Carole's Daycare:
I have landscape fabric, then rubber mats under fall zones in my main play area, with wood chip mulch on top covering it to meet requirements. I do replace a little mulch each year- and it the kid-dye safe wood mulch- environmentally friendly etc- but I don't mind. I think it looks nice, it is biodegradeable, provides good cushion for falls, not really that expensive, and more edible than many other options. I like the natural look,and having a specific playground area with fall factor is not only required, it helps me designate play areas, thus enabling me to protect the rest of the yard from excessive wear & tear. I have a second separate play area under my huge maple tree with a 6x8 sandbox, cabin playhouse etc that I have small jigsaw mats for the one toddler slide- and as a floor to my playhouse. I scatter a light layer of mulch here just to cut down on dirt & so I dont have to mow. My pics of my yard are on my cell, which is a lame one without internet lol, so I'm going to message them to my hubby who can upload them to my FB/email via Blackberry when he wakes up this afternoon.
I would love to see the pictures Carole.