Thread: How Often?
View Single Post
snbauser 02:59 PM 04-09-2012
Originally Posted by akpayne:
I love the idea of incorporating toys into a theme- what kind of themes have you done?
Some of my stuff that I rotate are things like I have letter puzzles so rather than overwhelm them with 26 puzzles, I only put out the letters we are working on that month or I have a set of 4 puzzles for the seasons and I only put out the current season. Or for the little animals figures they love to play with in the blocks, I have sets - dinosaurs, farm animals, arctic animals, etc that I put out when we are working on those themes or it is that time of the year. I rotate our books based on what we are studying at the time. I also have different types of manipulative blocks (bristle blocks, duplo's, lincoln logs, magnetic blocks, small colored table blocks, wooden tree blocks, etc) that are only put out 2 or 3 at a time. I don't put all of my dress up or play food out at one time either. I have a bunch of different larger sized trucks that I only put out 2 or 3 at a time. I rotate between our car garage, our wooden train tracks, and our road carpet. I change out our puppets and felt stories based on either the season, interests, or what we are learning about.

I have been lucky enough to get several grants over the 9 years I have been licensed and have become really good at getting donations from my parents and hitting up consignment sales and garage sales to collect what I have.