View Single Post
dEHmom 07:35 AM 12-21-2010
This is a late response but I see this post has been going on for some time now.
I couldn't possibly read every single post on this thread, but here is my input...

Unlicensed daycare aren't "Breaking the law". Depending what your state requires.
Lots of families prefer unlicensed dayhomes because they can provide things that a licensed facility may not. Including variable hours.
Most unlicensed day homes will follow the regulations set forth by the the government in terms of cleanliness, food guidelines etc.

I do not disagree with contacting the agency. It's not a matter of minding your own business as much as it is the safety and well being of the children in the care of your neighbor. If in fact she is providing care and following the guidelines, and nothing is awry then she has nothing to worry about. If she is breaking the law, or the welfare of the children are at stake, then rest assured she will be shut down, fined, etc. I hope most parents wouldn't leave their child in the care of someone unable to care for them or provide them a safe environment.

And as mentioned previously, DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE LICENSED OR UNLICENSED, accidents/abuse/neglect can happen anywhere! Heck, even in the churches!
Point here is that you need to know, trust and do your research on anyone you are willing to leave your child with. You wouldn't walk up to someone on the street and say "hey, if I pay you will you watch my child and not abuse her or anything?"

If you have an issue with her and are just looking for a means to hit her where it hurts, well then you would need some help. This is this womans income, regardless of anything else. If you decided you wanted to take up a living by working in your garage building things, making things, fixing cars, and you paid your bills this way, would you want your neighbors calling authorities on you?