View Single Post
kidkair 04:05 AM 11-13-2010
Yep they all act different at pick up. I have one 2 year old boy who cries big loud sobbing crying when mom comes. I think it's more of a release than anything. I require him to do lots of stuff during the day and sometimes he doesn't like having to wait for help and such. He just wants to tell Mom all about the bad things that happened and doesn't have the words all the time. Lately it's been getting better because he's been using his words more. I usually verbally reprimand kids when they are acting out at the door because they are still in my house. This kid would get even louder if I did that though so I worked on giving him words. The other day he was going in and out of our crafting area and banging the door horribly so I told him to stop going back and forth. Mom came in a few minutes later and instead of the melt down he said Angelique forth no. Neither one of us knew what he meant right away but then I figured it out and told the whole thing to mom. He was so happy that we understood. I made sure to put in what he was feeling too in my explanation. He then followed up with "time out ducky" and so we talked about that as well. Then I talked about the wonderful things he did too. For the most part the parents are in charge of their kid at pick up but I put my foot down on some behaviors and help the parents gets out the door.