View Single Post
Sumshine 04:30 AM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
These constant nit-picky behaviors of parents would drive me crazy. I would either let her go because of her nasty text and disregard for rules. Quite honestly you say this has happened before so I highly doubt she was pulled over. OR I would increase her rates to reflect her extra expectations. Make Tuesday snacks cheap and easy, along with materials. It really won't cost that much and any food leftover will be eaten, I'm sure.
Good luck with whatever you choose and yes, I think terminating her care before school ends is a great idea. Summers with 1 SA dck can be hellish. How old is she? Is she helpful? You already said she gets bored and doesn't want to do any of your SA activities. Does she have homework or anything else she can work on after school?
I know I already can't make it through the summer with just her being my only SA! She isn't very helpful in fact school was out Monday she drove me nuts. I can't count how many times she asked me for help (when she doesn't need it) or tried talking to me about stuff whIle I was in the middle of helping the Littles. I can't count how many times in a day I say "Hunny not right now I'm busy with preschool, feeding baby, etc". Or for ex I had just laid Baby down in sleeping room. He falls alseep, she tried to go in and get a blanket (at 9am) because she was tired. I told her absolutely not and she is not to go in there if baby is sleeping plus it's not "nap" time. I put my son in time out, she sneaks him play doh she snuck into my house. That one I pretty much lost it. She asks me so many nosy/personal questions all day long I would never ask at her age (7). I finally gave in and let her just watch TV Monday. We are all sick. I sent 2 kiddos home monday and 1 was already gone and my son was sick and being a handful! It was easier before I was licensed when it was just her, my son, and I. I could help entertain her more!

She has HW but I usually don't have her do it because she literally makes me sit with her and basically do it for her. It's beyond the point of "help" my 7 year old high functioning autistic brother does his homework with less help and more ease so it's a pain for me. I wait til she gets home since she gets picked up 4-4:30pm and gets to my house at 3:30pm.

I decided a month ago I just won't accept another school ager at this point unless i could maybe litterally find another 6-8 year old girl and was going to term before summer with some nice notice for DCM to find other things. I'm the cheapest I know that's why she goes to me. I have tried politely saying she's bored, I can't seem to get her a friend her age, etc hoping mom would pick up the hint and make her own decision. I personally wouldn't want my son in daycare with no friends even close to his age range. It's a 4 year age gap between her and the other oldest.