View Single Post
Sumshine 11:17 AM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by Gemma:
Something here doesn't seem right
It doesn't! She says she now needs me on Tuesdays but she doesn't. She has the entire day off she is just managing her time poorly and then telling her daughter to take the bus to my house on the off-chance she is late rather than holding herself accountable to pick her up at school. I tried to give her the option of getting her from schools Tuesdays unless otherwise discussed but she isn't having it. I am not going to take her on Tuesdays without a notice for poor time management. She may live her life by doing as she pleases on whatever time frame but that is not how I am I am very structured and organized and so is my program so it is clear this just isn't the right place for her! Maybe she can find a provider or somebody who is willing to jump and be available on a three minute notice but that isn't me

The way that I have my rate set up everyone just pays a weekly rate regardless of what days they need me. She has previously scheduled with me a Tuesday because she had to go to court for something and I accepted her for no extra cost because everyone just pays a weekly fee based on age so this is why it wouldn't affect her any to just try to schedule her on Tuesdays even if she doesn't need me!

Partially my problem for having my rates set up this way but I have my rates this way to prevent PT care. I came in only wanting to do full-time families and looking for solid M-F kiddos! She is my only kiddo with 2 day not scheduled. I have 2 others who do half days Mondays and Fridays so they can spend more time with dad who works overnights which is wonderful for me because it makes the days a little bit lighter. Then I have my son, a toddler, and a baby FT M-F. So I have been fortunate to find a nice handful if FT kiddos.

This mom and one other one are really the only ones who give me a hard time. The rest aren't perfect but they do generally try to respect me and they communicate with me and for that I appreciate it so much because this mom and another don't at all and it drives me nuts. Luckily with the other mom Grandma usually handles pickups and drop-offs and she previously did daycare herself so she is very diligent and respectful and I only have to deal with pain in the butt mom like once a week! This DCM I deal with 4 days a week and there always seems to be something since I've becomed licensed she doesn't care for or wants to challenge me on.