View Single Post
Denali 12:20 PM 02-01-2017
If she pays AFTER care is given... It's nice of you to give her the two weeks notice, but don't expect to get paid for any work you do, look at it as charity and free care because you are a very very nice person.

Basically do not bank on her paying for those last two weeks. From what you've said about her and payments and following rules in the past- she will not respect your rules now that you've given notice. In my experience, with her rude attitude with you now, those kind of people usually escalate during the two weeks To show you who's boss.

I now have a late payment fee of $25 a day, because I'm tired of parents trying to stiff me or paying whenever. No pay no stay, and $25 late payment fee per day until you pay.

Just had a single mom with a SA-DCG give notice, her payment was due Monday, she has a terrible record for communicating and paying on time (always got charged the late payment fees). Keeps trying to dictate when she'll pay me and what not. Acts all shocked every time when she gets hit with late payment fees and turned away at the door.

She gave her notice Friday (her pay day) telling me that she was trying to cut expense, that SG-DCG wouldn't be here during the two-weeks but wanted to know if she needed to bring her could she? I said yes, because she was paying for those two weeks. She said ok, I'll pay ASAP.

Didn't show Monday, didn't come and pay, sent a text at closing asking her when she was dropping off payment? She sent back that she decided she was taking the kids to Disneyland in a few weeks and couldn't pay me until maybe May 1st. It's February 😳

Sent a text back saying "Oh! Then your new total will be XXX if payment is paid May 1st. Which includes my $25 per day late payment fee and it will need to be paid in cash." Guess who showed within the hour to pay me cash?? 😂 And she only owed me $135...

The funny part was that we did this same song and dance in December when she tried to cut expenses for Christmas. Gave notice right after my vacation. Didn't come pay. Ignored my calls and texts. A week and a half later showed up playing dumb and wanting to drop off without paying, told her no, she then went with "That she needed care because her family wouldn't watch DCG!! She was going to loose her job! And she didn't have the money to pay me because DCG's dad wont help her with the kids!"

Told her the amount she owed and I told her that DH was actually on the way to the courts to file a claim against her for none payment since I haven't heard from her and her texts said "read" were proof that she knew that she owed me and started to shut the door on her and DCG. 😦
Funny how the money appeared out of her purse right then and there and begged me to call DH and not file anything against her. That was a lovely paycheck for me let me tell you! 😁

-- Ps there will be no take backs of notice this time! My licensor has been informed of all the shenanigans with her including copies of her texts saying "how awesome my care has been and she's so sad to give notice! They will miss us!". 😁