View Single Post
Sumshine 12:22 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would be done at this point. Based on the disrespect this dcm has shown you (and her dd).

If you aren't terming, I would charge her a regular rate and a LARGE drop in rate for Tuesday. (I charge $20 for after school care/day. I would charge $40 for drop in) I would buy crackers or pretzels, or something you can easily hand dcg IF she shows up.

I went through something similar with a dcg- ended up terming. They were having her dropped off on the bus at my house, Dcd was supposed to meet the bus- but if traffic was bad or he was running late, he would not be there in time. I asked NUMEROUS times for them to STOP it. Then I said if it happened ONCE more that they had a few options; change work schedules to leave early and pick her up from school and be done with daycare, pay FT rates, or pay drop in rates (even if she was only here for 5 minutes). It didn't happen for a bit.

FF to a Friday I was closed/dcg was NOT scheduled. Dcg came to MY house and was met with a locked door. Dcd/dcm were angry AT ME. Good, now you have NO care.
That does sound oddly similar lol!

I think DCM very well understands what she did was wrong and I think she tries to pretend like she doesn't understand things to try to push my limits. I know I am not her first licensed provider and that she had a tiff with somebody down the road from my friends house who does licensed care and that's when she came to me! I was looking to take on one kiddo while I moved and got my DC set up. It was nice because I took her a week before school started and then I had all day to get my stuff done for moving and setting up while she was in school and I was really relaxed being as though she was my only priority and only for a very short amount of time in thw day.

I should have known from the very beginning that it wouldn't work out when I became licensed. One night prior to me being licensed she texted me on a Sunday at like 10pm telling me DCG had the day off school (my son is 3 so I didn't know when school was out for misc days) the next day (Monday) and that I needed to watch her all day. I advised her that I would be unable to do that on such short notice as I had things to do during the day while she was in school. She got pretty upset about that and tried guilting me saying she doesn't have anyone else to watch her and she can't miss work etc. I gave in and rearranged my plans not realizing you give anyone an inch they take a mile! Urg!