View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 07:27 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sadly, it wasn't being recognized or appreciated it was just the easiest thing or most workable option they have available.

DCM is showing you that by continually looking elsewhere (for WHATEVER reason) for cheaper or closer or easier that she doesn't value or appreciate you. She just knows you are their safety net. You will be there willing to take them (and go the extra mile...getting insurance) no matter what situation they have going on.

You are their "It will do for now until something better comes along".

I am sorry if that really is true....I doubt myself sometimes as it IS easy to become jaded in this business but so far based on what you've said about this family...they are using you and will leave in a heartbeat when they don't need you anymore.

Do what works best for YOU!!!
....and do NOT feel bad about it!

Yes to this!

I have no issue with parents wanting to change daycares, but i am also not an idiot. I know when they are looking for cheaper and trying to keep me on the hook, just in case. I dont like it and i dont let them come back when things dont work out (they rarely work out). Call me petty, but I value myself and know i would have a tough time looking past it, so it would be an awkward relationship...aint nobody got time for that!

Tell her that you will be filling the spots and wishe her the best of luck! And when she calls this summer bc the nanny share falls apart, dont answer your phone!