View Single Post
professionalmom 08:54 AM 05-19-2010
I agree will the posters that are saying "what's the dad going to do, call the police?" All I can think of is what is the greater harm: upset parents, the possibility of legal action, OR a dead child? Thank GOD I have never been in that situation. However, if your husband is home when this father picks up, have your husband right there when the father comes and have your husband engage the father in conversation to stall while you step into another room (say your looking for the child's sippy cup or something) and call the police. The police will probably come and not do anything right away. But they probably will speak to the father, realize he's intoxicated, then wait for him to start to back away. As soon as his car budges, bam, they've got him for DUI, child endangerment, whatever. And maybe you will be helping the father to realize the danger he is putting his child in and it will be the wake-up call he needs to get into treatment.
Will you lose the client? Probably. But I'd rather lose a client than lose a child.
I'll pray for you and, especially for this father's child.