View Single Post
QualiTcare 10:55 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by DanceMom:
Why dont you read them ? Im curious - mine have a lot of information pertaining to my daycare, their childrens activities , fun stuff coming up etc. Stuff they need to know. I have 2 parents that read them everytime as they comment on things, then I have 2 that dont.

I always religously read my daughters daycare letters, I was interested in what they were doing , what was coming up etc...I dont get why parents wouldnt want to..
i always read my kid's newsletters. if there was going to be a closing, it wasn't always in the newsletter, but there was always a note on the front door 2 weeks in advance and at their daycare there was a sign in/out sheet so there was a note posted there as well. i don't see how anyone could miss a piece of paper posted on the door, but i think posting it on the door and telling people verbally can never hurt - and i think anything less than 2 weeks is unacceptable. i've had my son's preschool give me ONE or two day's notice for events and even while i'm not working, that's a pain. if i was working (and when i was) that would've been totally unacceptable. i'm not working right now, but i got a note last week on WEDNESDAY that there was a parent meeting on that FRIDAY. i had a test to take on Friday (i recently went back to school for a second degree) and i couldn't make it. it annoyed me bc had i known sooner, i could've rescheduled my test date bc it was an online proctored test that had different times/dates you could sign up for.