View Single Post
Unregistered 09:16 AM 01-28-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I live in Indiana and have a question. The day care my children attend have told me that it is the law that they cannot rinse out soiled underwear. They simply remove it from my child and let it sit in a bag even with poop in it without rinsing or dumping the poop from the panties all day til I come to pick them up. Of course by the time I get it home it is disgusting and the panties are usually ruined by this pt. It becomes not only gross but costly to replace the stained panties. What is Indiana state law on this? Is it true? If it is, whoever passed this one obviously has never opened up a bag of 8 hour old poop.
Thank you kindly
I personally didn't allow parents to bring their child unless they were already almost trained at home because of things like this. In CO it's not legal to wash out a child's soiled underwear either. The reason is because it's considered unsanitary. Where would we rinse everyone else's child's undies? In the sink where handwashing is enforced? My bathtub? The kitchen? Where?

So, I did bag up the poopy underwear but I did always spray some stain remover on them. I was very good about getting the actual poop (not the remnants) into the toilet though. If it was a huge stain? I would just throw the underwear away. Yes, it can be somewhat costly to replace undies...but...it is FAR more expensive and wasteful to keep your children in diapers. If they are pretty well potty trained, generally, there should be no reason that anyone would be throwing away that many pairs of underwear to the point there is a hefty cost.

As a daycare provider who got fed up with ridiculous parents, I quit. I would NEVER in a million years get a college degree to run a child care out of my home or work in a daycare center. At home, I got **** pay. At a center, you get minimum wage. I want to know how many parents her think it's actually realistic and feasible to go and spend a ton of money on college knowing you could NEVER pay back any loans off of the job we do (or in my case, did) I mean you are not being serious that you think we should go do that, right? You want to pay $1.50/hr (Yes, I have taken that little) to me but you want me to have a degree? I say you are EFFING CRAZY! It's disgusting that parents priorities are misplaced these days. What happened to your CHILD being the most important thing in your life? Since when is it acceptable to treat your providers like crap so you can have all the material things you want, and yet not want to even provide the BASIC stuff for your child? FFS, a pack of 6 underwear is around $5-$6. A pack of diapers which you throw away after one use (say a pack of 28 Huggies) is at least $10! Either potty train your kid, or don't. It's not your provider's job to do all the work for you anyway.

SO MANY parents just don't want to be parents anymore, they want someone else to raise their kids and then bitch at them when things aren't exactly like THEY want them to be. They are not there with the kids nearly as much as the provider, and yet they think they know everything.

I'm now a working mom and I tell you, the school tends to know a lot about my children and while it's hard to admit that, I do actually appreciate their involvement when I can't be there. You would be amazed at what providers know and do for your kids. I say if you are that unhappy with your provider, or providers in general, quit your job and babysit (you'll last a week!)...and do us all a favor, don't have any more children.

In fact, ANYONE who bitches about how expensive children are should be aware of some birth control options out there. Do I sound really MEAN? YEP. Do I care? NO because no one cares when they are being rude to daycare providers. It's time someone told it like it really is.