View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 03-14-2012
In our state, teaching jobs are tough to find. I currently have two daycare moms who are teachers and are from another area because they had to take whatever job they could find and they ended up here and both are not happy.

One is actually going back to school to major in her minor now sp she can leave the field as she thinks there will not be many openings for teachers in the up coming future.

My kids are both grown and gone and I am still doing child care with no end in sight. I recently went back to school and earned my degree but have no intentions of working in the public school system. From the stories I hear from my teacher moms, there is NO WAY I would choose to work in the public school systems. Like child care, the parenting styles of today are making teaching be a really tough spot to be in.

A middle school student was just arrested for threatening to punch a female teacher in the face. He cornered her and got into her face and threatened her until an older student came by and intervened. The child was 12 or 13 I believe....

Our state does have LOTS of on-line options for schooling though if you want to go that route. PM me and I can pint you in that direction if you are interested.