View Single Post
Jewels 08:09 AM 04-27-2012
I have 9 inches of playground mulch under all my equipement, I re-did it last year got landscape timbers to build the area in I think the area was like 40'X40', pretty big, I spent $900 on mulch. I at first was considering pea gravel, but we had to wheel barrel it all from the driveway all the way around to the back, and I needed 30 yards, and gravel is sooo heavy, Mulch was just the better alternative, Rubber mulch, I had quotes would have been well into the thousands, and it never goes away, it is so nice, but if you ever want to stop, its harder to get rid of, I do like that wood chips can go right into the earth, they will have to be topped off though every other year though. To me the outdoor grass unless its cushioned makes no difference as you can still get very hurt falling. I had one girl the week before my mulch was scheduled to be put down fall off the monkey bars and land on her wrist and it had a slight fracture, I have had many falls since the mulch, and everyone is always okay. And when I had the 30 yards of mulch delivered, I had 9 people come over with wheel barrels, and we got it done very fast.