View Single Post
blandino 08:32 PM 11-11-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I'm not licensed but my NHI rep says available doesn't need to mean sitting out all day. Water is available. In the bottle. Right there in the kitchen. But I'm like you, they are already drinking every few hours, I think that's pretty available. Now, summer time during outside time is different. Each child takes a bottle of water outside with them and I be sure they drink it. Heat stroke happens here a LOT.
We do that in the summer also. I bring a pitcher of ice water and each child has a cup, and they drink drink drink the entire time.

With the number & ages of kids I have. I would worry about cups sitting out all day. I know some of my toddlers would drop theirs on the floor, and then it would be picked up by someone else. Plus, we don't take a bite or a sip, outside of the eating area (other than bottles, of course), so I wouldn't want cups in the play area.

Not saying anything about other providers who have cups out. Just that I think with my kids, and their ages, it wouldn't be feasible.