View Single Post
blandino 11:39 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sleeping children don't need supervision ? I work in a center and we would be fired if we walked out of the room while the children were sleeping, we also have to be in ratio the entire time. How is it ok to leave sleeping children alone in a room because you are a home provider ?
In my state, centers have to remain in the same room when children are asleep ,and homes don't. I would assume that it has to do with the setup. In a center, if you leave the room, you are closing the door and chances are walking down a hallway to another room. In a home daycare, you are probably leaving the room the kids are in, but can still hear/see the room that the kids are in. We are required to be within sight OR sound of the children, so as long as we can hear them it is oaky. Some states require that they must be in sight. But I don't think a home provider should have to stay in the living room, if the kids are sleeping in there. Going into a kitchen or a bedroom with an open door, isn't going to be an issue, if the rooms are within hearing distance.