View Single Post
momofboys 08:11 AM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Sadly, I think you're just going to have to keep trying. Is the bottle warm enough? Try warming it (in a bowl of hot water) until it's really pretty darn warm--not hot, but definitely warm-- to the touch. He might take it then. Other than that, you'll probably just have to wait it out. BF babies tend to be rather put out by having their milk come from something other than a nice warm breast, at least at first. Now, not only are you a stranger, but you are most DEFINITELY not mommy; you don't smell right and you don't sound right and gosh darn it he's not happy about it. Warm the bottle even more than you would a formula bottle and keep trying. He'll figure it out eventually--maybe not today, but certainly in a couple days. And ask Mom to try having people other than her give bottles at home and over the weekend.
i do know all these things but thanks for lending a listening ear. gonna try again, the milk is only lukewarm (it is BM). not crying b/c i am rocking him but about to try to feed him again-tks i will try your suggestions