View Single Post
Heyjames 06:26 PM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
i can imagine that this is frustrating to parents. But there a few things that I think parents need to understand.

It is illegal dump solid waste in the trash. I shake off whatever solid waste I can over the toilet. Unfortunately, a lot of the time this causes the water to splash onto the toilet and floor. Then I need to clean the entire bathroom before anyone else can use it.

I have up to seven children who need to be supervised during this time. I cannot neglect the needs of children in order to save a pair of underwear or an outfit. So the easiest and MOST RESPONSIBLE thing for me to do is to shake off what I can and bag the clothing.

Would any parent really want a group of children including their child minimally supervised while a provider dealt with poopy clothing so that it doesn't stain?

I do understand that it takes away from the other students, and if the roles were reversed, I would not want my child not supervised. I biggest issue was having a solid poop put in a bag and handed to me. I have a washing machine, stains aren't my concern, But I am in the child care industry and we dump solids...

The directors answer to my concern was the assistant that took care of my son had given her notice, was bitter and lazy and just didn't care, so she bagged all of it up and gave it to me....that's a problem...