View Single Post
daycarediva 09:59 AM 12-08-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
While I agree with the above poster in regards to this being a learning experience, I don't agree that you should simply let it go.

You provided the services, she owes for that. period.

I don't care if someone wants to say bad things or try to ruin my good name....actions speak louder than words and I personally give my fellow human more credit than to just assume everyone will take someone's rant about not wanting to pay their provider at face value.

What Sally says about Susie says more about Sally than it does about Susie.

I would stop texting her. Send a written, certified letter asking for payment by X date. Let her know if she does not pay by X date, you will file in small claims court.

If she does not pay by X date, file in small claims court.

If you feel it's not worth your time or your efforts, then don't use that method of collection as a threat in the future and consider revamping your policies to where the parent pays BEFORE services are provided. That way you aren't just blowing smoke and you aren't working for free.

I'm sorry this parent decided to stiff you....I see fault on both sides but again, lesson learned. I do hope you are able to collect.
Originally Posted by Play Care:
You are not wrong, and she sounds like this isn't her first time dealing with bill collectors
That said, what is in writing? You have a better shot in small claims if you have contract in writing. Moving forward make sure to write down any agreement and have them both sign and initial it. As Pestle said, payment is always in advance of services and no pay, no stay.
all of this. You provided services, you deserve to be paid. End of story. Who cares what she says about you? I wouldn't. She is the one who failed to pay her bills.

In the future, make sure you have a great contract AND get payment before services are rendered. No pay=no stay.