View Single Post
MizzCheryl 10:13 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Can you try removing the foam ones when they're not being used properly to see what happens? Or ban the child/children that use them improperly from being able to use them for the rest of the day?

I have small kids size furniture and at first I had some kids that would try to rearrange them and knock them over, climb on them etc. but I just consistently remove the item or ban the child from using it (if I can't remove it) and that works. I'd rather teach the child hwo to use the furniture properly than to have to go out and spend more money to replace it with something else KWIM?
OMGosh I have removed them over and over. I preach all the time "the chairs are for sitting" I stay on them all the time about sitting in them. I need soft child size furniture for FCCRS but it is a constant battle. The foam chairs were given to me by another prvider that went out of business. They are nice Dora chairs (very light) but these kids will ruin them. I have an old recliner (too heavy for them to move around) that is 16 years old and flat worn out but the kids sit in it perfectly with no problems.