View Single Post
Chickenhauler 10:30 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by seashell:
Stupid rule 1 - We need to have thermometers on the wall in each room occupied by the children at their hight, (3 feet max hight) to measure the temperature. Excuse me? Do you know how hard it is to keep the kids from pulling a glass and mercury thermometer off the wall and chewing on it? I tried hiding them behind the furniture. No deal. They have to be in clear sight. Is the temp that much cooler than it would be 2 feet higher?

Stupid rule 2 - Doors must be labled with exit signs. First of all, this is my home. Second of all, the kids can't read. 3rd if I don't know where the doors are in my own home, I'm in big trouble!

Stupid rule 3 - Cleaning supplies can not be kept in rooms occupied by the children. So how the hell am I supposed to disinfect the diaper table after use if I can't keep the solution near the changing table?

Stupid rule 4 - Trash cans can be no more than half full. Great, so I should leave the kids alone to take out the trash half way through the day? The cans have covers on them. Who gives a damn how much is in the can if the kids can't get at it?

Stupid rule 5 - Children must wear shoes and sox at all times. Yeah, you tell that to the 10 month old baby who is facinated with pulling them off or the 3 year olds who like to show off their painted toe nails.

Stupid rule 6 - My 17 year old son can't have friends over after school because they count toward my ratio?

Chickenhauler, why can't you just agree to disagree? It's a matter of personal opinion. I think your crazy for being licensed and you think Im crazy for not being licensed. Fine. It's a matter of opinion here based upon experience.

I respect your opinions on most matters, but you really seem to have it in for those of us who think the government is to involved.
Out of that entire list, there are only two we have to comply with is the cleaning supplies, but they have to stored out of reach or in a locked (keyed) cabinet. Out of reach means overhead, like the height of the upper kitchen cabinets.

Our trash cans have to have covers, also.