Thread: So Excited!
View Single Post
daycare 02:11 PM 11-19-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I got a call from a lady who is looking for childcare for her 2 girls (1 & 2nd grade) for an hour before school and about 2 hours after. She also has a 3 yr old. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I may have to give notice to my remaing pt family.Which wouldnt' bother me, as the 4 yr old girl is quite annoying and so is mom. I posted about them before. My contract does say that Full-time comes before part-time and that the pt maybe termintated for someone who needs fl.
I will call the lady with the 3 kids later today and we will go from there. But, if it works out with them, I will feel kinda awkard. I get along with the owner of a daycare across the street. She refers people to me if the family is not a good match for her. She's really nice ands gives me her extra craft supplies, booklets etc from funsteps. Now, this family that I will be calling back, her kids currently go to the daycare. I don't want to cause any ill feelings as I really like the owner and she's been very helpful to me. But, at the same time, it would be more money for me,which I really need.
word of caution.....3 kids is a lot to take on from one family. When they leave your program, that will be a HUGE chunk of your income that will be gone. It very difficult to find 3 kids to fill a spot over night..

My advice, don't take more than 2 children from one family.

Also, IME I find that families with multiple children often want discounts. Siblings are HARD