View Single Post
My3cents 10:57 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
hoping for little encourgament
Dave,

Do you have a clear contract and policy book? IF you don't put one in place and plan to change it a lot your first few years of doing care. Make it clear to her that you are a business and you want her to respect that. The rules are the same for you as everyone else.

Being a father you know she does not have the experience that you have, all you can do is show her kindness and brush off her rudeness and what not...because she does not have the experiences that comes with time and maturity. Teach her by setting an example as you have but don't take it all on, family or not. Having a child she made a decision to be a parent........now let her, she will learn quick. Remember she has to fail and figure things out on her own........it just sounds like that is going to be her nature and what makes her or breaks her.

Stop trying to fix everyone- its your nature I can tell. If you keep up at this rate you will be out of daycare before you really get a chance to start. Would like to see you make it. Take the advice from others here too, its all good. Be professional, not wishy washy- and if your going to take on family make it fair and known that its the same rules for everyone. Arguing with her will only push her away- just stick to the plain facts and your rules for you daycare. Don't buckle down to anyone for the career you have chosen, they don't have to like it, you don't have to explain to anyone other then your wife, and don't engage in conversation that brings you down.

Best of luck- Hope this helps you. I always enjoy your humor- even if I don't get it sometimes.