View Single Post
Heidi 02:16 PM 11-11-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Finding staff to one.to one.one.baby.... holding and rocking is super easy. The other staff don't like it because they have to care for the rockers kids and theirs. If all the infant room staff plop in a rocker to keep one baby the rest of the babies get zero care.

The centers I consulted for had to pull out all the rockers because the conflict over who got to sit and rock babies was a constant battle.

It's common for parents to want one to one. It's common for babies to want one to one. It's common for staff to want to get by with doing one to one. It's difficult to find a business who is being paid a group rate to offer one to one.

Staff want to use motion equipment and don't want to move the baby out of it until the baby cries. If no one is watching they will.
So, if I told a mom her 6 month old needs to get on "the schedule", and she decided that this wasn't ok with her, would she get personalized care at the local center? Knowing said center staff somewhat, I could totally see what you're saying in your statement. I'm just fairly certain that this is NOT what they will sell to the parents.