View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 01:44 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by parent:
If I had to keep my children home every time they had a runny nose, they'd rarely ever be in daycare in the winter. As a provider, I would think you would be accustomed to dealing with runny noses, and less "grossed out" by it as you seem to be. If the parents who trust you with their children saw your post, I can't imagine they would feel good about the care you're giving them. A fever is one thing, but runny noses are a fact of life with small children.
Put yourself in the parents' shoes. Could YOU afford to stay home every day your child had a runny nose? The answer is, nobody could. This is like complaining that a baby has too many dirty diapers....
Lol, but you know what's funny? Everyone has dragged their sick kids to my home for care all month. My own son spiked a fever last night, everyone avoided my house today like the plague. I'm positive he caught it from one of their kids because of masking illness and whatnot, but it's laughable at the double standard! Don't you think?
I have a job to do everyday as a provider that is just as important as yours, the only difference is that I don't leave my home for it and it's hard to take an unexpected day off as well. The only family that seemd upset were the ones that have an option of working from home. Granted, it is a fever and I would exclude other children for it, still makes me wonder where he got it from, though!