View Single Post
Liliya 07:59 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
I started out having my Little Tykes climber and castle on the grass. The grass got wore down to mudd, we had to move it everytime we mowed. it was a pain in the butt. Then I took over my husbands garden area. I used landscape timbers and edged the area off. I put down a weed barrier, then I went to Menards and for under $100 I bought the green outdoor carpet (it is recycled plastic so will last forever) and landscape U shaped things to hold it down. So, my playarea is covered with outdoor carpet. It works abosolutely great. When it rains, it dries faster than the grass, the water just seeps through. If it needs clean, I can sweep it with a broom or hose it off. It is no different than playing on the real grass, only without all the destruction and mess. It has went thru 2 winters and it is in the same condition as when I put it down.

I originally started out with mulch, and after spending about $75 in mulch the first year and it breaking down and needing much more the 2nd year, I came up with this. Not to count how many times I had to clean mulch out of my yard because they threw it all over the grass.
What do you put under that carpet,?I use wooden chips now and it is a pain,I have to add more chips every year and for my assessments it is never enough,All I know it should be 4 inches deep. So,how it will work with that carpet.Can you please send me a picture too???I will send you my e-mail.