View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:32 AM 04-15-2012
Originally Posted by Rachel:
We're not allowed to use disposable, by regulation. When I start with a new group in the fall, I write down which kid for which color, but after a week or so I just remember who gets what.
That is a bummer that you aren't allowed to use disposables. We do it here for a couple reasons, I think it is more sanitary and we recycle EVERYTHING possible so using disposable saves us soap and water and time.

Originally Posted by LCLC:
I don't have a great memory, but it really isn't hard. Each child has an assigned seat at the table. I assigned colors in rainbow order and just went around the table. So, if I ever forget which child is which color I just set it down in the correct spot and all is well. Or, the child WILL remind you. They'll also let you know that it's strange to give two people the same color (since I have more children, I have to do this). "Why she have pink?!? ___ has pink, not ___!"
I didn't mean that I wouldn't be able to remember who has what color, I meant for the table setter to remember.

For meals and snacks, I don't set the table or prepare the place settings. The kids take turns being the table setters and they all serve themselves.

We also do not have any type of assigned seating. The children are free to sit where they choose as our meal times are part of our daily socialization curriculum and learning.