View Single Post
Unregistered 06:11 AM 04-02-2009
I just started home daycare a few months ago and one of my moms is expecting in Nov. I was wondering how payment usually works with a Maternity leave? Do you usually still charge and if so full price or half price??

Here's my issue...I only have one full time child right now and she is temporary because the mom is only filling in a teaching substitute position for someone that is on maternity leave. I don't think she will need me after this school year ends.

The other mom I do daycare for has a boy and I watch him part time only (2 full days and 1 half day) and the mom is expecting in November. When she goes out on Maternity leave I lose daycare money unless I bring in another child, however I do not want to overbook myself for when she comes back AND with a new baby (I have 4 children of my own so I like to keep the home daycare on a small scale). But I feel weird asking for money when her son isn't going to be here. So I was just wondering how other daycares work and if it's normal to collect money when the mom is out for 6 weeks?