View Single Post
Unregistered 11:40 AM 12-22-2008
I also run an unlicensed child care. I only keep 3 children at a time (I could keep up to 5), I claim every bit of my earnings and pay taxes on them, and I also operate by word of mouth parents. I have never had a parent who has not introduced me to another parent who needs childcare and I have had to turn down many families. I think it all boils down to children's safety. Obviously the parents who put their children in unlicensed child care know the risks. Hopefully these parents would do their own inspecting before they would leave their children with someone they didn't know. I do agree that if there is any suspicion that the children are being mistreated authorities should be called, but it sounds like you are a bitter neighbor who's conflict is neighbor issues, not issues of the wellbeing of the children. Contact the neighbor and then authorities if they block your driveway, contact them if your car is hit, contact them if there is any other neighboring problems. Don't assume that things aren't legit if you have no proof. There are many people who would rather someone they know watch their children in a home environment than put them in a licensed daycare that have 8-12 children per adult.