View Single Post
sahm2three 01:07 PM 12-10-2010
Here is what I am struggling with now, two hours after the incident, I feel so not in control. I felt so confident that I had things under control. In an instant, this one child disrupted all of that and I don't know if I have ever been so scare and angry. I can't imagine what I would have done if someone had gotten hurt. My confidence is shaken. The kids had ALWAYS listened so well, and I never had a problem. We always walk on the nice days. We have probably walked 50 days since the end of August. Same routine, every single time. So why now? I should share another story about this dcg. She came one morning with a little red mark below her chin. She said something about having vaseline for her lips. I said, ahh, and do you have an dry spot below your lip? Then the girl shows me this thing on the inside of her lip that looked like a canker sore. I say, ouch, canker sores hurt. Mom says, No, that is where she bit thru her lip falling down the stairs. I say, Oh sweetie! Are your stairs carpeted? (aimed that last bit towards mom) She looked at me shocked and says, "She fell down the stairs here...?" Huh? No. I mean, if she had fallen down the stairs here, she would have screamed, there would have been blood, the whole neighborhood would have heard here. So when I asked her later what happened and her story changed. When my daughter got home from school she asked her what happened and it changed again. So dc mom and I concluded that SOMEWHERE she hurt herself doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing, and didn't tell anyone she got hurt because she knew she would be in trouble. Wow.