View Single Post
Former Teacher 11:15 AM 05-28-2009
[quote=mac60;11977]You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.[/QUOTE

My former center had a family that our director favored. They were a very good family but the director literally spoiled them. The parents got discounts, if they were late picking up the kids there were no late fees, lunch was always waiting when they off the bus after summer school (when other parents had to bring their children lunches), things like that.

Anyway, this family was a church going family. They were constantly going on church functions etc. Well the older daughter kept on getting head lice. Of course she HAD to get it from the daycare. Nowhere else she could have gotten it from. Her best friend at the time, I will name Kate, wasn't the cleanest child but she was the sweetest. Of course, I will call her Samantha, got it from Kate, since she wasn't "bathed" that often. Mind you, this was the DIRECTOR/OWNER that was saying all this!

It seemed that every time Samantha got the head lice, Kate did too. Well, Samantha's mother was getting mad. That of course was making our director mad because she would not stand for her favorite family to be upset! She asked Kate and her family to leave due to "excessive lice issues involving all the children" Well sure enough, everything was fine until the next batch came along after Kate was gone. Of course our director couldn't believe it. I said, "well we can't blame Kate, who else is it" The director was stunned. Long story short, it turned out there was a family at the church that had it and they weren't treating it properly.