View Single Post
Unregistered 11:29 AM 05-09-2011
Hello,

I have 2 boys, 4 1/2 & 2. They are both in an in-home together with 2 little girls--ages 4 1/2 & 3. They have all been together since they have each started. Lately my older son has been saying he doesn't want to go to daycare anymore because it "isn't fun anymore." Today was the absolute worst--he wouldn't get dressed, then took his socks off because he didn't want to go to daycare. Once we got there he started crying, saying he wanted to go to work with me. I carried him in the house and walked in, leaving him to cry in the hallway (I didn't want to give in to his behavior.) I got the younger one settled and the older one had left the house and gotten back in my car and was trying to shut the door. Still crying the whole time saying he didn't want to stay there.

Does this sound like a typical separation anxiety situation or could something else be going on? Our daycare was closed for 2 days last week and the boys went to my parents, but he didn't ask to go to their house today---just to work with me. Right now he goes to preschool 2 days a week and misses the kindergarten cut off in the fall so he will go to preschool 5 days next year, but could this just be boredom? I have contemplated moving him to a preschool center, but I am just not sure what to think! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

A Worried Mom