Thread: Markers
View Single Post
Hunni Bee 08:04 PM 09-10-2011
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Please tell me if you have a great idea for markers. I have several new kids who have never been in a program. They are not putting lids back on the markers. I have gone down to only having a few markers out at a time to make cleanup more manageable until they can handle having more. Still, I'd like to know if you have any marvelous ideas! I like the marker stands that have holes to put the lids and then you just snap the correct colored marker in the lid.....but I've only seen large ones....that hold about 16 markers. I'd love to find on that holds 10....just how many a box of markers come in and is manageable for kids to carry around. I just can't find it. I know you can make them....but I'm not going to do that. I'd mess it up.
I've tried everything too...I even taped a string to the marker and cap. I finally just used the marker holder and hotglued the caps into it. Only thing that has worked...except that they never put the right marker into the right cap...because the new Crayola markers are black and dont indicate the color on the barrel.

I've heard an easy way to make one...just get a big ball of modeling clay and stick the markers in it and let it dry.