Thread: Markers
View Single Post
nannyde 01:19 PM 09-11-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
My children have access to ALL materials as soon as they strt walking. I redirect to have them use materials appropriately. BUT, when it is constant, then they lose privileges. From THAT, they learn that they WANT to take care of the materials so that they can use them again. I teach ppreciation and responsibility by taking things before they ruin them, because I don't wanna be wasteful and keep replacing materials that cost me money.
Crystal what materials are you talking about when you say "ALL" materials. Considering the fact that most babies start walking between the tenth and fourteenth month... what materials do you allow a ten to fourteen month old to have access to?

I'm not talking about access where your hand is over their hand while they are touching it. I'm talking about access where they freely go to paper, paint, play doh, glue, etc... WITHOUT having an adult holding onto whatever they have.

Are you talking about access where the adult is not physically touching the materials alongside / with the child on a second to second basis of use?